Ixia Launches Next-Generation Higher Speed Ethernet Test Solution
The following is an article about performance testing.
"Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, announces a next-generation version of its award-winning higher speed Ethernet (HSE) test interfaces. Ixia, the leader in HSE testing according to a recent Frost & Sullivan market report, has built upon its Xcellon architecture experience and success to develop the next-generation HSE test interface: Xcellon-Lava™. Xcellon-Lava offers two 40/100 gigabit Ethernet (GE) interfaces in a single-slot configuration, with enhanced capabilities for routing, switching, and application-layer testing. In conjunction with the announcement, Ixia will participate in the panel discussion “Packet Optical Transport/Test and Measurements”at the European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communication (ECOC 2011), in Geneva on Wednesday, September 21 at 12:20 p.m.
HSE use has moved past the basic interoperability stage to incorporation of HSE interfaces into full service core network platforms and application layer devices. Public, small-port-count device and interoperability trials, such as those conducted by the Ethernet Alliance, have proved the viability of the technology. As a result, HSE interfaces are beginning to appear in large numbers – 32 ports and more – in devices such as top-of-rack data center switches.
Ixia’s Xcellon-Lava combines high density with Xcellon’s high-performance architecture. Xcellon-Lava offers up to 24 HSE 100GE test ports or up to 48 40GE QSFP+ ports in a single Ixia 12-slot chassis. Each Xcellon-Lava interface card offers two 40/100 GE dual-speed CFP MSA-compatible ports or up to four 40 GE QSFP+ interfaces. The Xcellon architecture, with Ixia’s IxNetwork™ application, gives the Xcellon-Lava card the exceptional processing power needed for switch, router, and end-user services emulation necessary to test next-generation networking devices. Xcellon-Lava offers excellent price/performance by combining leading-edge component technology with Ixia’s extensive design experience in HSE innovation.
* According to Frost & Sullivan, Ixia is the leading manufacturer of HSE 40/100GE test solutions.
* Ixia’s Xcellon architecture uses multicore processors and extensive on-board memory, providing an unsurpassed level of device and user emulation. Emulation is used to simulate the control- and data-plane environment needed to test high-capacity networking devices.
* Xcellon-Lava generates line-rate traffic to measure routing and switch-forwarding performance, and simulates Internet-scale routing environments.
* Xcellon-Lava provides layer-1 testing through extensive bit error rate testing (BERT). It also includes test capabilities for PCS-lane technology.
* Xcellon-Lava will be available in the third quarter of 2011.
* A CXP interface for Xcellon-Lava is planned for release in the first quarter of 2012.
* “Higher speed Ethernet has moved out of the lab and into the field,” said Atul Bhatnagar, President and CEO of Ixia. “Likewise, Ixia has capitalized on its four years of industry-leadership and experience in HSE testing to engineer a product ready for high-port-count, high-performance tests.”
Ixia provides the industry’s most comprehensive converged IP services testing solution – from the wireless edge to the Internet core. Network equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia’s industry-leading test and simulation platforms to design and validate a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/4G networking equipment and networks. Ixia’s solutions create real-world conditions by emulating a full range of high-scaling networking protocols and generating media-rich application traffic to validate performance, conformance, and security of cloud, core, data center, wireless, and multiplay networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com."
A good article from Ixia.